Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Fluffiest Bunny: An Introduction

Warning Label: Today is going to be two posts. Originally, I had started writing this as one big post, but apparently my brain can only handle so many trains at once, and we exceeded capacity. This post is just an explanation, the next one is going to be where we find our awesomeness.

A couple of weeks ago, when I began writing this blog, I wanted it to be more than just the random musings from my weird (and somewhat frightening) brain. I wanted it to be about my take on the world we live in, sometimes about the awesome and sometimes about the failures and shortcomings of society. I am realistic enough to know that my single voice can't change the world ... but I set out hoping that, as imperfect and flawed and messed up as I am, my optimistic point of view might just make a tiny dent.

There is a lot of bad out there. People find the most disgusting ways to hurt each other - go out of their way to harm their fellow humans. It breaks my heart. I am the farthest thing from a perfect person, but I can't imagine waking up in the morning and making the decision to injure someone. I hate dwelling on the ick, but I will most certainly stop and examine that when I find it necessary. But when was the last time you found a situation got better just by you standing there and yelling at it? That has never worked for me. It is kind of like watching your favorite football team lose on national television. Unless you can text the coach with a miracle play, you are powerless.

That powerlessness is what has inspired me. I decided that in order to really celebrate the successes in our world, I wanted to showcase people who are doing their part, making a stand, forcing change ... sometimes completely by accident. I sincerely believe that the ability to do good is contagious. The entire last year of my life has shown me that.

So, with knowing exactly what I wanted to do, and exactly how I wanted to do it, the only thing that remained was what to call it. I debated this for a couple of days because I wanted it to be fun without compromising how strongly I feel about what these people are doing. After much hemming and hawing, I decided that I like the fact that God made things bigger than bunnies, but the bunnies are really important, too. And sometimes nothing makes you smile more than a big fluffy bunny.

Now, with all of that being said (we all know I started this blog because I have permission to be long-winded here) ... I'm very excited about our first Fluffiest Bunny. I had it narrowed down on who would be a good "first", but was still quite indecisive. When I woke up this morning, I stumbled across an article in one of my favorite blogs about a gorgeous little girl who is high-quality Fluffiest Bunny material!

I hope you enjoy it ... and if you know of a Fluffiest Bunny candidate, I'm always open to suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment