Monday, May 23, 2011

The first night...

I'm no stranger to my husband working third shift. When he lost his job a couple of years ago, he had been on third for about three years. I'm used to it. I kind of like having my own time at night. I can read without interruption. I can use the entire bed to fold laundry. Most importantly, I can watch stupid tv without a fight for the remote. Yes, people, I watched "The Bachlorette" tonight. I'll admit it.

That being said, it has been a long time. A very long time. During the last two years, I've grown accustomed to having him back with me every evening. And even though we've had a lot of problems recently, things always settled down for us at night and we were able to sleep peacefully, side-by-side.

I know it seems a little melodramatic. After all, he's doing what he can to support our family. And I'll see him first thing in the morning. Our family still has quiet time in the middle of the day (mostly so Mommy can still take a nap - lol), so I'll be able to hang out with him then. And, of course, there's still the two nights a week that he's off.

But ... I still miss him. It's going to be strange learning how to sleep without him again.

I'll probably sleep dead center with my legs sprawled out all over the place. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment